Negative and Constructive Criticism and Songs

Stop complaining about people giving their opinions on songs and pointing out what they thought was wrong with it. You can’t improve much without criticism. Look at my songs, and how I’ve improved. That was because people told me how to improve, what was wrong, so on.

Not every song is 5/5 material, and you shouldn’t feel bad if you don’t get under 5 stars overall. I personally believe none of my songs deserve 5/5. I’m not perfect, and neither are you.

So, if you don’t want criticism, opt out of receiving it by saying something as simple as, “please no negative feedback.” or, “I only want to hear what was good in the comments.”

It isn’t that hard, and if you see someone leaving a review, don’t get angry at them, politely point out that you disagree, if you even do. I’ve seen far too many people hopping on people’s sacks saying things like, “omg don’t judge the song it took forever and a lot of work fjdksalfjdskal;fdjas.”

Stop going about this so idiotically.

10 Likes

^ Yes, yes and yes. People need to understand this. I have tried to get it across lots of times… im glad you made a topic about it.

1 Like

I’m taking the site back over by storm. FOR THE SAKE OF NOTESSIMO!!

1 Like

I agree with this.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

EDIT: I haven’t made myself clear. I meant people who try to defend one’s work simply from a few haters.

What? Trying to fix the problem? He’s not trying to make it worse. This is the worst state this site has ever been in.

I think this thread was for me… -__-

No it wasn’t for you, it’s for the people who bitch about feedback.

Which is why we can’t have nice things.

2 Likes

Exactly, I did for like two days, and you made this about the time I was doing it.

i rarely complain, i only say the thing to fix my songs or Gordon’s Phrase!

Then you shouldn’t be on this thread.

imho; this should be locked, moved to either the General (Notessimo) or Help & Tips (Notessimo) forum, and pinned.

Alright, I moved it to Notessimo General as it should not be in Off-topic. Also we could make the title somewhat relevant?

Yeah, something about opting out of criticism or negative feedback (the gist of the post).

I would also like to point out, do not expect a masterpiece from everyone, I often see first timers post their first song and the “criticism” they get is atrocious. Everyone starts somewhere, but by all means I’m not saying praise their work like a god, just judge according to the persons skill in a sense. If someone is new, offer some tips about some wrong things they did, like the always quarter notes, not starting on the line, etc.

1 Like

Yes.

(nothing else to say, hes right 'yall)

Yeah, the critics should also be held accountable. Good constructive criticism is never about showing off your intellect. Don’t smash a newbie for every little chordal or rhythmic problem. That’s completely useless to the newbie, which runs counter to the whole point of constructive criticism. Critics should instead treat their position as an opportunity to help someone out.

I would watch my words if I were you. If anything, you’re the one who’s being judgmental.
Also, this is not the place to advertise your stuff (even if it is somewhat relevant to the topic at hand). If you have something to say, why don’t you post it directly instead of leading us somewhere else?

1 Like

For the record, I love feedback of anykind… most of what I post is little stuff… or I will admit I don’t spend any longer than a few hours on a song… but I still appreciate the time taken to write things about it, good, bad, ugly, or with way too much sparkles and rainbows

Rainbows, smiley faces, glitter and unicorn-filled comments really is worse than “Your song is terrible” comments