V3's features and how they work

A lot of people are curious about V3 and how it works. Therefore I decided to make this guide of most of the features in V3. I hope it will answer most of you guys questions, and maybe even teach some of the people who already has access to V3 a new thing or two. Let me know if i need to change anything or if I made any mistakes. I did NOT proofread this and english is not my first language. There is bound to be multiple spelling errors. If you want to correct my spelling you can do so in a private message and I MIGHT make an update and correct it. I also apologize in advance for the many double posts, but all of the pictures was not allowed within one post… Anyway. Without further adue, here’s the guide. Enjoy:)

w7j8fk.png
4fxquh.pngsorcz8.jpg5a2ira.png

9 Likes

24w936h.png

6 Likes

72shn8.png

5 Likes

b566wn.pngr8i8v4.png

5 Likes

vctdlc.png
ml5jzm.png

5 Likes

xck586.pngrwuxj7.png

5 Likes

2e3wzgx.png

5 Likes

2mmd6p2.png

5 Likes

s2tvk7.png

5 Likes

20i8d8g.png

4 Likes

This is pretty crazy. No wonder people think this is complicated

As you might be able to tell there is quite a few features that isn’t really all that important or that doesn’t work properly yet. They add a bit to the confusion and make some aspects seem more complicated than they are. The most complicated part of v3 (that doesn’t involve plugins or anything like that) is probably what i tried to describe in point 16.2 and it’s more than possible to use notessimo without using that.

^ To add to Hellstick’s post, you’ll mainly focus on the Sheets and Song tab, since that’s where most of the work happens. The other tabs are for when you want to create and customize your own sounds (Plugins and Definitions excluded).

Hellstick really deserves something for putting a lot of work into this small community. Like, honestly, there’s not much incentive for him to do stuff like this but he does it anyways because he’s cool.

9 Likes

I’ve always been a little hesitant to even look at the other tabs as it is somewhat overwhelming, until now i’ve only really touched the sheets/rendering tabs (I compose sheets like in V2 so i don’t personally have a need for the songs tab as you can line them up in the sheets tab anyway). That being said i’ll be more likely to check them out now :smiley:

Thanks for this!

Thanks a bunch friend! That means a lot:)

That is a completely fine way to work too! The only reason that I prefare to make a lot of individual sheets and mix and match them in the song tab is because i feel it gives me more controll.

Oh, and i feel like i should add that a lot of the terms are unofficial. I thought most of them up myself and as such most of them are probably inacurate.

Wow that’s very complete. I don’t have the time to read everything now but do you know if something else will be added? Or if there are some bugs?

There is both bugs and invlcomplete features in the current V3. It is those bugs the maestros find and those features we test, and if we find something that seems off we report it to starburst:)

Okey.