Mario Kart Wii

Wow there isnt a mario kart wii thread…that is kinda sad

My fav character is yoshi (OH YA YOSHI FTW )

My friend code is 3309-2845-4529

I am on Central time (midwest america to be more exact lol)

nice…ya it is strange that there hasnt been a mario kart wii thread yet most ppl on the wii code thread (i think) either have brawl or mario kart wii…and since brawl has its thread why can’t MKW ( that sounds like a new mortal combat game)

YOSHI!

I didn’t get mario kart wii, but they are fun!

YAY YOSHI PLAYER FTW

Lol with the whole yoshi thing. He was my favorite charcter on the DS version. The thing about the Wii is that it takes out the bias between light and heavy characters, and simply gives you a good kart for anything and any size range. The faqs say that the best characters are these: Baby Daisy, Daisy, and Funky Kong (LOVE Funky!). While that’s true, as each character gives you a slight increase in something, it’s not really enough to bias it towards them. Personally, my favorite character is my Mii, (as I’m sure roastmaster would too) especially after I unlocked Mii outfit B, which is actually very easy if you do Time Trials. I love the Mario clothes on myself rofl, it’s pretty hilarious. In any case, they’ve kept to the old stratagies, putting in a few old updated tracks for nostalgia and new tracks for awesome fun! It has a four player mode, and this game’s doesn’t disappoint. It’s no action packed adventure, but it’s hilariousness keeps it up with the four player mode in brawl and the online multiplayer in the conduit. Speaking of online, this game supports the biggest room yet, allowing 12 people from either regional or worldwide (and you can even bring a friend!). My only problem is that you vote for a track, which is okay, but I think if one track has the popular vote, it should be picked instantly, instead of random chance. At least you can choose you’re kart, which is nice of them (in the conduit, the only custom thing is your player, which is okay, but you can only change the primary and secondary colors. In Mariokart, I created [NOT COPYED] a mii racer helmet for this reason, and your favorite color carries over). Definitly a 9 out of 10 from me!

Actually i switched to dry bones…he got me a 3-star in 100 cc Lightning Cup (probably in everthing sooner or later also )

Yeah, he’s my brother’s favorite. I like him, for ovbious reasons (even a Blue Spiky Shell doesn’t phase him! Plus you get a mushroom every time you use drifting boost!), but he’s wayyyyy too slow. Yoshi is good in that his acceleration is almost parallel with dry bones’ and he has the speed to keep up. But in reality they’re almost the exact same.

Ummm…WHAT??? dude…i hope your joking…blue spiky shell does hurt him and he never gets an extra mushroom…and hes not slow…i hope your not talking about dry bowser or something???
Dry bones is a light kart dude…so hes not slow…and he has acceleration that pwns…

I usually use the magikruiser (i think that is what the bike is called)

I thought you were talking about the ds, simply because on the wii it doesn’t make a difference who you pick, but they’re class, light medium and large. On the ds, all my points are true, whereas on the wii you can use the Bullet Bike (a fast bike with low acceleration), the Quacker (the slowest bike in the game, but with great acceleration), or something in between. But, in the DS version, he is the slowest character in the game, but with that slowness comes all the great points about being a light person. Using drifting boost, (check this out on Time Trials) you get 5 arrows of boost, and a mushroom gives you five as well. And his acceleration in the tank is such that you can be hit with anything, including a bob-omb or spiky shell, and the minute your back on the ground your back up to speed. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Dude look at the title…

Yeah, but why would you tell about dry bones without explaining why? That leads me to believe that your talking about the ds, where it actually makes a difference whom you pick, whereas the wii allows you to pick your favorite character, totally un-biased and with all the same karts of the weight class.

great point

I like “light characters” now…that arent annoying…like the light mii…it sounds like 4 year old ROFL

This game is all about speed. In my opinoin if you have a fast kart, you have a huge chance of winning, (but you need skill to). But starwars is right, class is the key in Mario Kart wii, if you pick the right class you are that much closer to victory.

Lol I just realized that this thread was created on my birthday, August 29th.

And as a reply to MusicMan, I would say that that is true, along with a bit of luck with the whole items thing and a bike. Karts are only for people still learning the game, once you get the hang of it a bike is the best due to wheele boost and a slight weight reduction, which gives you a slight boost in all other catagories, such as handling and acceleration. I just wish that karts could compete with bikes, because it was a great idea to include bikes, but it sorta takes away from the name mariokart when all you use is a bike. Actually, The best candidate for any kart is the Blue Falcon. My brother has a Captain Falcon mii that he uses for this kart, and even with a wheel and no drifting boost he still can keep up with my bullet bike. Or, at least he used to when we still played it so long ago…

Exactly, Bikes are the ultimate. If you choose the right character, the right bike, and a bit of luck you will win. My combination is Funky Kong with the flame runner

I like the magicruiser…it got me a 3 star in the 100cc
I havent played this game since like last year tho…

My usual combo is the Mii Suit with the Magikruiser, just because.

The makiguster is a terrible bike, im sorry. The flame runner, or the bullet bike, those to are the best.

Blasphemy.