Guitarskills song thread (v1.6)

Welcome to my thread.

Digital Flying (THE AMAZING DRUM WORK IS BY STARWARS!)
Moonless Bliss
Memory Garden (NEWEST) (featured!)
Scarred Peace (My first feature!)
Jovast Road
Not sure about the name yet
Crimson Ion
Life Of Happiness
Walk in the Night
Resistance
Desperate Hope
And a cover:
On to Grass Town

2 Likes

License Disclaimer:

These songs are owned (or remixed by) Guitarskills.
Copyright (C) 2010 Guitarskills

These songs are under certain protections : you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License or
any later versions.

This means you may not redistribute it under your name or anyone-else’s name other than Guitarskills. Any remixes of Guitarskills’s music must have his name listed as the original author in plain sight for viewers of your work to see.

All Illegal operations that you do can and will be brought against you in court.

See this for the license: http://www.gnu.org/licenses.

1 Like

I am pretty fond of Doukutsu Monogatari’s soundtrack, and think you covered On to Grasstown greatly.
Also, congrats on the thread.

EDIT: I can’t stop listening to Digital Flying…

I look forward to hearing more songs, you have huge potential.

what is it with you and that word?

He uses it as a stealth insult

Sandal uses it a lot too.

But I’m not using it as an insult. I’m just saying some parts of your songs could be improved a lot but others are perfect. It’s a nice way of saying “You can do better than this”.

http://notessimo.net/viewtopic.php?f=1334&t=75677

New song!

that is certainly an improvement from your other songs… much much less repetitive.

I just don’t think it’s long enough. I know I’ve said structure a lot, but that song really lacks it. It’s not hard, just repeat everything but change it a bit.

Other than that though, I have to say you are becoming very good.

I just don’t think it’s long enough. I know I’ve said structure a lot, but that song really lacks it. It’s not hard, just repeat everything but change it a bit.

Other than that though, I have to say you are becoming very good.

Could you explain that? I don’t get it

to get more structure you will want to repeat the patterns you use in a standard Chorus-Verse structure, there are other ways to get structure but this is the most common

Yeah, the easiest way is:
VERSE-CHORUS-VERSE-CHORUS-BRIDGE-CHORUS
just like in a real song.

You can change it around if you want, but that’s the general idea.

Do you get that?

1 Like

That’s what I normally do, but them everyone complains of it being repetitive. How do I avoid that?

thats so formulaic though, I think that the job of a musician is to expand musical knowledge by continuously challenging the typical musical conventions, you do know that prior to the rise of commercial music there were many other structures that were accepted? Don’t get too sucked into the idea that you need to centralize your songs around this pattern, but if you are going for rock, techno or most other forms of popular music, it is recommended.

It’s good to have structure but if you want to change it up a little you could use Sonata form or something.

You change each part a little. For instance when you repeat the verse, you might add violins and change the bass. And when you repeat the chorus, you might change the drums and the melody. Just try to make each part slightly different.

That’s exactly what I do! Notice how the chorus in Digital Flying is never the same 2 sheets in a row?

Yeah but in Digital Flying you have the same melody repeated 12 times. You could have added/changed more instruments, etc. And it did have a lack of background instruments which made it more repetitive.

New song!

I don’t know if I hit my head on something or not, but I can now write a song every day!
Its the song thread that is motivating me.
I am now giving everyone their own thread.

Please critique! I need to get better!