Star's "Request a Critique" Thread

Yee.

So now I have a thread for this.

TEH RULEZ(follow them or DIE)

• No unfinished works please. I comment frequently on unfinished works with ideas for how they should continue but I save my full reviews for completed works.
  • I’d say something about covers vs original works here but it seems redundant. I would prefer critiquing remixes to straight covers, as covers aren’t meant to really add anything to original works.
  • I put a lot of effort into my reviews, so please be patient with me if you have requested one. I’ll update this post with any songs that have been posted as soon as I can and I’ll get to your song whenever possible.
  • I will reserve the right to not review your song. I will indicate this in a post on this thread. Please don’t hate me ;_;
  • I like rules a lot btw
  • Also, don’t always expect a full review from me either. I probably will be way behind the number of songs that get requested, which means that I may have single posts in which I review more songs than one, in a smaller format, to save time.
OH YEAH BTW my reviews are on a 0 to 4.5 scale, kinda like Roger Ebert I guess. So when you get a 3.7/4.5, just remember that it scales to a score of 82/100. or 4.1/5

I’ll probably add like 50 more rules later so yeah.

Key for the list:☆ <— this star will be used to indicate songs on the list I intend to do a full review on. Again, don’t hate if your song isn’t one of those.Songs with be posted in order of request date, higher songs will have been requested earlier.A second list will be kept with songs I have already reviewed, with the link going to the review (My reviews should have links to the songs in them, something I’ve been meaning to do for a while).I’ll use the strike through effect to indicate songs which have been requested but I do not intend to review. See above.REQUESTED SONGSMellifluousMelodyMaker - Golden MarchBlargzargo Hlaaluington - Guile’s ThemeHellstick - ViperfishMellifluousMelodyMaker - Breaking WorldsQVX - Drowning [Remastered]☆ Anthony - Light and MagicAliens - Ethereal TyrantQVX & Antonim - Shake It UpYay your song got reviewed!Heh, My first review (back when I was a wee lad)XD I used to be pretty harsh back then http://Hey we used to have a critique thread back then too!Roastmasters/DarkDan12 - SingularityDarkDan12 - EnigmaDarkDan12 - TempestRoastmasters/DarkDan12 - Industrial RevolutionSandalman3000 - Identity ZeroNuse/QVX 797 - Neoteric FlowNuse/QVX 797 - Neoteric FlowKaveman - In My DefenseNuselline - NonhumanKaveman - UnderworldNuselline - There is a Place (V1)Nuselline - There is a Place (V2)Nuselline - Utopia (OMG THE FIRST REVIEW WASN’T A 4.5 WTF)Guitarskills - Crimson Ion, Scarred Peace, and Moonless BlissQVX 797 - CursedQVX 797 - Drowning (So we see the beginnings of a more organized review format)Fishrocker - 372 DaysMrTeddy6564 - Caketown (Loop)Nuselline - DistraughtQVX 797 - Tranquility (ooh pretty colors)Sandalman3000 - Take My TimeClearwater - OneTwoThreeADVENTUREHellstick - Get Hammered (Post #4)Cartrox, SuperPickle, and Antonim - EmotionAntonim - Melancholy SoldierDr. Dre - Golden RivalsHellstick - The Tarrasque RisesQVX - True FriendALI=3NS - ReanimationHellstick - Midnight Rush (Original Mix)Hellstick - Limit Breaker

5 Likes

Nice initiative, and good call with the ‘only finished songs’ rule. If you’re planing to make a list of your reviews and want to include old ones I thought i’d start your list with the review you left on ‘get hammered’ back in the days. Unless you dont want it i suggest that other peole help you complete the list, If they notice a missing review:)
Here’s a link to the song

Review MelSol please. I would like to know what made this song feature-worthy.

Ooh I hadn’t thought of that. I think I’ll include those reviews as I can. Thanks for the start though! Anyone who wants to can pm me or reply to this thread with links to those reviews if they so wish.

True Friend please :slight_smile:

Reanimation

Ah the power of being a mod eh?

Done! Check the op for the review.

I forgot lel

I’d love it if you could review my new song, Golden March.

Use old player tho

If you would kindly write a review for Viperfish I’d be truly greatful:)

Also, I know it seems like you are already swamped already, but I would like a review on the finished “Breaking Worlds”.

http://www.notessimo.net/page/browse/songs.html/_/metal-rock/rock/breaking-worlds-r74714

That’s okay, I work at my own pace and will get to these reviews as soon as I can.

If you fancy re-reviewing drowning (the remastered version), you can if you want, i did change it according to your feedback haha.

Please review Light and Magic.

>tfw you decide you want to review a super old song you were recently referred to, go through the comments, and find out you already did it :3

Also I just found out I have quite a LOT of reviews in song comments I need to add…whenever I can. I swear I’ll get to reviewing soon! I just don’t have a lot of free time right now…

oh and one more, could you review Fallen Lovers, if you’re not too swamped?

Hey friend, just wondering what the status is on the reviews. I don’t want you to hurry up or get stressed or anything, im simply curious:)

1 Like

Just been distracted recently. Haven’t really felt super motivated to critique for a bit (plus the list keeps getting bigger XD).