Community Collab 2016?

Hello everyone, since a lot of people have been asking for another community collab, I think it’s time we have one for this year. I’d be willing to organize it, but only if enough people are willing to participate. So if you are, please reply to this thread and tell us which version of Notessimo you would prefer (v2 or v3). The former is available and more accessible to a bigger part of the community, while v3 has more potential but is hindered by the fact that only a small percentage know how to use this version well. A reminder that this collab is not a competition, it is based on cooperation.

Here are a few rules that I have thought of, but are not set in stone:

• Each member gets 1 chance to participate, unless another member volunteers to drop out and take their place.
  • You may not alter a previous participant’s composition, unless it is used to transition from their part to yours.
  • Each participant gets a whole week to work on their part. Failure to hand in their part will result in them getting skipped. No extra days can be given, unless a user volunteers to drop out and have them take their place.
  • You may trade spots with other participants if you are not able to work on your submission on that week.
  • Each part cannot exceed 2 minutes, and cannot be less than 30 seconds.
  • Submitted parts must have a certain amount of originality. Submitting a part that consists of 100% copy/pasting a previous participant’s part is not a proper submission.
  • (v3) Only a small number of non-default samples can be added per user. (I am adding this rule due to memory issues and player lag.)
  • (v3) No vulgar or inappropriate samples.
  • Have fun.

- Members who are not Maestros will temporarily get v3 for a week if v3 is chosen.

Feel free to suggest or discuss any of the rules.

10 Likes

I could do that! Probably not until later (maybe this summer or something, can’t even make a full FL Studio track recently anyways, so don’t see how I could do it now). I would like to use v3.

1 Like

I laughed way too hard at this.

But anyway, I may or may not participate in this. A few of the reasons I may not are:

1. School related schedule issues.
  2. Insufficient knowledge of how to make original songs (or at least original samples of songs) on both players.
  3. If attempted, my part would probably take away from the collaboration in terms of quality.

But, we’ll see if that changes.

1 Like

I would like to do this, since the last one happened like before I even joined here.
Although, I might not be able to do it because of school stuff, since I start back Friday But I do nothing after school.
I’ll see what happens

(I would rather do V3)

1 Like

this seems fun i’d like to try

1 Like

i’m up for this, since i didn’t participate in the last community collab

1 Like

I would also like to be a part of this, but I may not have time until the summer when school is out.
Also v3

1 Like

I’m in. V3.

1 Like

it would be more fitting in v3 I think

I’m in

1 Like

Ayyy V3! Hopefully I’ll be more useful in this collab than I was in the last one lol

Also, considering CC2012 ran all the way into 2013, will this one run all the way into 2017?

1 Like

I didn’t do it last time. Meh. Why the hell not. v3

1 Like

I have V2.

1 Like

OHFUCKITSBEENTOOLONG
V3

1 Like

If V3, then shouldn’t normal users get it a few weeks before hand to get used to it? Hellstick’s thread is amazing, but nothing helps understanding something than trying it out yourself.

I’ll try to figure V3 out and improve composing. I’m always busy, but maybe work will slow down since the holidays are over.

Count me in. I vote V3.

1 Like

I would gladly do it. only if it’s V2. If we start immediately (like within the next two weeks I might be able to go like second maybe third). If not during like the last week of march I could do a part. if not that…the summer would be open for me. Basically, I’ll be too busy with work and school.
also, why not make a poll for what version to use?

1 Like

lesgo

1 Like

can I have the second part like last time? :smiley:

edit: or the first :3

1 Like

Sounds fun.

Would like v2.

1 Like

V3

1 Like

Sure Thang